Facts about our most popular, and longest running show!
Also known as a fact sheet.
Total Drama Mekapanema-Season 1
- Most of the titles in this season were parodied off of popular and cultural things.
- There were 16 competitors but 17 episodes. There was an error and the extra episode was added by mistake.
- This season brought Cody and Courtney back from Total Drama. Dawn was not brought back from TDROTI, there was a new contestant on Drama! named Dawn.
- This season had a special, non-numbered episode. It was called The Drama Awards. It was not counted as a numbered episode, but if it had been, it would've been the season's 2nd episode instead of Episode 1A.
- The season's theme song was a remixed version of the Total Drama version.
- Originally, the Dangerous Dinos had 9 competitors, confirming TDM was originally going to have 18 competitors.
- The first episode of the season and the series, Thyme After Time, was filled with errors. The campfire area had 18 seats, but Chris mentions 15 in the beginning of the episode. This can be excused, as it was the first episode.
- Emily, one of the original prototype competitors, was worked into the series as a competitor for Season 3, Total Drama: Omiyosiw Mountain. Tristan, another prototype, was modeled into the series as the aftermath special host. He was also modeled into a character for Total Drama: Frye Island, the second season.
- A few contestants, like Jen or Cynthia, were originally in the first episode and then removed from the season for unknown reasons (We, Mekapanema TV, don't know why we did it). However, Jen was added as a contestant for Season 2.
- This season had the only two-episode special, The Search for Chris. It was episode 12 AND episode 13 of the season.
- This season was the first to have a contestant that was brought in win. This would happen in later seasons.
Total Drama: Frye Island-Season 2
- This season was the second to bring back Total Drama characters, only they brought a few more.
- TDFI was the first season of Drama! to bring a new cast into the series. It would happen in Season 3, Season 4, and Season 6. However, only the Total Drama: Katawasisin Island new cast would have only its members return for the next season.
- Only a few members of TDFI return for Total Drama Antagonists, Season 5.
- Total Drama: Frye Island is the first season to use a colon to separate 'Total Drama' from the name of the season. Omiyosiw Mountain, Katawasisin Island, and Brains vs. Beauty would also use that style later on.
- Total Drama Mekapanema and Total Drama: Frye Island are the first two seasons to use parody titles. However, TDFI had 22 episodes instead of TDM's 17 and had more titles to parody.
- This is the last time we see Chef Hatchet in Drama!. He makes cameo appearances in the later seasons, mostly Seasons 4 and 5, but he is replaced by Marissa Davis, the new cook.
- Chris takes a break from hosting after this season and is replaced by Blaineley for Total Drama: Omiyosiw Mountain. He returns for Total Drama Luckiamute Forest.
- The theme song changes for TV movies in this season.
Total Drama: Omiyosiw Mountain-Season 3
- This is the second season to use a colon in the title, after Frye Island.
- After TDFI, everyone thought TDOM would be a 22 episode season. However, the audience got a surprise when the theme song music was kept permanently the same and the season only had 14 episodes and 14 contestants.
- Blaineley is the host for this one season only. The reason for this is Mekapanema TV wanted a twist at the end of Total Drama: Frye Island and this was the way to go.
- Marissa is the cook for this season, but in later seasons, she is not seen or mentioned. In Total Drama: Katawasisin Island, there is an unnamed male cook only referred to as 'the cook.'
- This season starts the trend of each season referencing the previous ones frequently. In this case, Nevaeh, winner of the season, buys Frye Island, the location for Season 2, and it becomes her mansion and camp.
- This is the first season to use Cree for the team names. Total Drama: Katawasisin Island would do this as well.
- This is the first and currently only season to have a team (Sunshine Tribe) after the merge. So, everyone was on a team for the entire season.
- This season had the show's 50th episode in it.
- TDOM only aired in about 14 days, so about two weeks.
Total Drama Luckiamute Forest-Season 4
- This was the third season in a row to introduce a new cast, after Total Drama: Frye Island and Total Drama: Omiyosiw Mountain. However, some of these cast members returned for Season 5.
- Shaniqua and Josh returned for Total Drama Antagonists.
- Camp Mekapanema were in the same vicinity, northern Maine. Omiyosiw Mountain was somewhere in the Rockies and now Luckiamute Forest's location was revealed to be northern Maine as well.
- This is the second season in a row to only have 14 episodes and 14 competitors.
- The team names were named after the islands of Total Drama: Wawanakwa, and Pahkitew Island.
- Drama! was originally supposed to have its grand series finale this season, but the show was renewed for a fifth season and it continued.
Total Drama Antagonists-Season 5
- Blaineley returns to Drama! as a contestant for this season.
- This is the first season to bring mostly Total Drama characters to the show. Most of the time, it's the Drama! cast.
- This season took place in Gorham, Maine, at the town's middle school, Gorham Middle School. It had school related challenges.
- The elimination took place in the school's auditorium, which was severely falling apart. A spotlight almost hit a couple of eliminated contestants.
- Tristan was a contestant in this season. He was originally going to be on TDM, but was molded into Bodhi. He is now the aftermath show co-host with Bridgette.
- Originally, there were 22 episodes and 22 contestants, like Frye Island. But, alas, the season was cut short to 14 episodes like the previous two.
- The season was broadcast in 1440p HD, more HD than any other season.
- This was the last season in the Original Era of Drama!, which is the period that Seasons 1-5 took place in. Ironically, this is the last season that Chris is host.
- Chris was host for 4 seasons out of 5 in this era: Mekapanema, Frye Island, Luckiamute Forest, and Antagonists.
Total Drama: Katawasisin Island-Season 6
- This is the first season in Drama!'s New Era of seasons.
- The season introduced Claire Daniels, the brand new host.
- This is the first 26 episode season and it lasted for a while.
- Originally, there were 24 contestants but there was a counting error and one team only had 11 while the other had 12. So, that made it 23 contestants.
- This is the first season since Luckiamute Forest that introduced a new cast.
- This season aired the longest, for 1 month and 1 day.
- The merger was in the 10th episode, so really early. It was 3 days early.
- The Thanksgiving special for 2015 is in this season.
- The series' 100th episode is in this season.
Total Drama: Mekapanema's Revenge-Season 7
- This is the first time a location has returned. In this case, it's Camp Mekapanema that came back.
- The camp was mentioned to be toxic in the first episode of the season, and then Mekapanema TV scrapped that idea to make the camp just really overgrown and dirty.
- The eliminated contestants do not go to Camp Pine Vista after they are eliminated. They walk down the steps, onto the dock, and then board a boat that takes them to Bangor, Maine, where they catch their planes home.
- Camp Pine Vista is not mentioned at all or seen this season, which is weird, considering it was where the eliminated would go after getting booted. It was located downstream from the camp.
- The original contestants (excluding Cody) totally return for the season.
- This season is the first season of Drama! to not have any TV movies. This trend would continue for Seasons 8 and 9 as well.
- To avoid airing episodes on Christmas or after, the season was rushed.
Total Drama: Greenmere Meadows-Season 8
- In this season, it's revealed that it takes place in Vancouver on a soundstage.
- This is the second time there's been a mixed cast, the other being Total Drama Antagonists. Although this season EVERYONE competed in a previous season, unlike TDA.
- The season aired in 8 days, one of the shortest times a season has aired in. As the series has progressed, the time for a season to air has shortened considerably and noticeably. This is because the seasons began to have 14 episodes, and because the episodes have aired relatively consistently.
- Seasons 6 and 7 did not have 14 episodes, they had 26 and 16 respectively. This season brought back the 14 episode style.
- TDGM was the first season to air in 2016.
- Marissa Davis, the official "co-host," had a bigger role this season than she did in any other.
- This season had three alliances.
- There is some fan service from Total Drama: Frye Island left in the season. Mark, one of the contestants, turned into a mutant in Season 2. Here, he is still a mutant, although he grows shorter. But he keeps the green hair and blue skin. He and Lisa are now apparently dating AND in an alliance.
Total Drama: Sunset Mountains-Season 9
- This is the first time there's been a new cast since Total Drama: Katawasisin Island.
- This is the second mountain season, the first being Total Drama: Omiyosiw Mountain.
- The season took us back to the original drama of the first couple of seasons with less focus on the challenges and more focus on the relationships between campers.
- Claire served as the main antagonist even more than usual by poisoning the campers' food, which is something way too far for her to do.
- The series' 150th episode aired as the pre-finale episode. See 150 Episodes and Counting!
- This season was rated extremely highly for bringing back the original charm that was kind of hidden in the past seasons. Total Drama: Katawasisin Island was rated the same way for the same thing.
- The lake introduced halfway through the season, Lake Reaction, was named after the cancelled season 'Total Drama Re-action.'
- This is the second mountain range/mountain featured in the series, after Omiyosiw Mountain.
- The second main antagonist was Shirley, who constantly Tased people with her police Taser.
Total Drama: Camp Ritchatakwa-Season 10
- Drama made it to 10 seasons by celebrating the summer camp-esque feel to the show, thus introducing Camp Ritchatakwa.
- 9 seasons ago, Camp Mekapanema was the main location for the season.
- As to fit the new style of the series, the cast from the previous season returned (all except two).
- This is probably the last time the Sunset Mountains competitors may be seen as competitors.
- Chef Hatchet is the host this season, as Claire went on vacation for a season (or two weeks).
- The first two episodes are a part 1 and part 2 style, like some other seasons.
- The 'Dock of Shame' music came back as part of elimination, as well as the dramatic romance music, and the dramatic tension that builds up when Chef is preparing to eliminate the contestant.
- Camp Ritchatakwa apparently has a totem pole, and the mess hall is Native American themed.
- Camp Ritchatakwa is located in Northern Vermont. Camp Mekapanema is located in Northern Maine.
- Marissa Davis, co-host of the series, does not appear and is not mentioned AT ALL this season, making it a rare time in the series that she does not appear or is mentioned.
- Like the previous season, the show took itself seriously and focused on interactions more than challenges.
Total Drama: Thunder Falls-Season 11
- The season was created by both Ethan Bump and Kiera Emerson. However, she did not work on the season with Ethan.
- Thunder Falls was confirmed to be near Toronto, but not near Niagara Falls.
- The season pays another homage to the series' first episode, Thyme After Time, with the episode Time for Chicken.
- The episode Revenge of Marissa aired on Easter 2016.
- The season brought in a new cast.
Total Drama: Revenge of the Antagonists-Season 12
- This season has barely anything to do with Total Drama Antagonists, despite being a sequel season.
- Gorham Middle School returns, and ends up being destroyed at the end of the season.
- The auditorium, former elimination area for Total Drama Antagonists, appears as part of a challenge.
- Once again, the contestants are split into "teams" like the ones at GMS.
- Shaniqua references the DNCE song 'Cake by the Ocean' in episode 2.
Total Drama: Blackstone Valley-Season 13
- This season is the shortest yet, with just 10 episodes.
- The season was so short, it only took 9 days to completely air.
- This is one of the rare times someone from Total Drama Luckiamute Forest is brought back. A bunch are brought back this season.
- This is the first time in Drama that the winners differ in the US and Canada.
Total Drama: The Crazy Cruise-Season 14
- This season introduced the SS McLean, a rundown and junky cruise ship that Chris has the 14th season of Drama on.
- Due to the popularity of the previous season, Cartoon Network doubled the episode order to 20 from 10.
- Originally, 20 teens were set to compete but the number was cut to 12.
- Chris returned this season to continue hosting the show after a while of not being host.
Total Drama: Veterans vs. Rookies-Season 15
- This is the first time most of the veterans interact with most of the rookies.
- Camp Mekapanema is used for the third time as the main location.
- This season is the last time Kenan appears on the show.
- Marissa Davis is not mentioned this season and does not appear.
- The theme song is super short, totaling 5 seconds.
- Citiesburg returns this season for a challenge.
- Old Man returns this season and has a recurring role.
- The season was praised for being just like Total Drama Mekapanema.
- Blaineley and Chef Hatchet have one cameo each this season.
Total Drama Outer Space-Season 16
- Marissa Davis does not appear this season, as well as Season 15.
- Kiera Emerson is mocked mercilessly in episode 2.
- The 2016 Halloween special aired this season.
- Chris once again hosted this season, and is the last season to have him doing so.
Total Drama: Lisbon Springs-Season 17
- Blaineley O'Halloran returns as the host, after being absent since Total Drama: Omiyosiw Mountain.
- This season has 10 episodes, and is the first to have so few episodes since Season 13, Total Drama: Blackstone Valley.
- The 250th episode of the series is celebrated this season.
- The 2016 Thanksgiving special aired this season.
Total Drama: Return to Frye Island-Season 18
- It is revealed this season that Claire Daniels and Marissa Davis would not be returning for any future seasons of the show.
- Chris McLean and Chef Hatchet return to host the series.
- This season premiered 5 months after the previous season ended. This was due to the show's long hiatus/cancellation.
- This season is the last to have 13 episodes. Starting with Season 19 the show would begin having 14 episodes again, with 15 contestants.